Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to buy one of these guns #1 remington 396 skeet 28 in bbls or browning citori skeet 28in bbls. also blue book puts the price around same area +or - $2 -$300 any skeet shooters with pro or con on these 2 guns? ?

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
daydreamer1 - Gonna move this over to the Gun Opinions forum for you.

Personally, I'd take a Browning Citori since it has an excellent history among many thousands, if not millions, of shotgun shooters.

Don't personally know much about the Remington 396. In fact, can't say I've ever heard of it? :?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'd opt for the Citori or anything that says Beretta on it. These guns have passed the test of time and have a superb track record. I've got nothing against the Remington, I'm just not that familiar with it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I know I would get the Citori, but I had a XS skeet and sold it. I would look at the XS special or XS sporting or 525 sporting. Nothing was "wrong" with the skeet, I just determined that a low rib was better for me.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Remington didn't make 396s very long, but they are good guns. If everything else seems about equal to you (fit, condition, feel, etc.) and you want to have something a little different, go for the 396. On the other hand, it is hard to go too far wrong with a Citori. They are about as common as flies, but for good reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts