Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am very fond of my SpeedFeed IV-S stock. The SpeedFeed IV is the pistol grip with stock and without the extra shell holders. (I've never like the shell holders in the stock whether the SpeedFeed style or using an elestic cuff.)

The SF IV-S is the shorter LOP version of the SF IV. The SF IV has a 14" LOP and the SF IV-S has a 13" LOP. You can further shorten the SF IV-S to 12" LOP by substituting the SWAT buttplate for the buttplate that comes on it.

SpeedFeed products are very well made and sturdy. I think you will not find them to be cheap, flimsy or easily broken.

·
Registered
108 Posts
870pilot,

I just like the short (12") LOP. Most of the time, I wear nothing more tactical than a t-shirt when I train/shoot. I am 6' tall and my sleeve length is 34/35. In other words, I have a pretty average build.

I started out with the regular SF IV at 14". When I added a Daniel Defense single point sling mount between the stock and receiver, the LOP when to about 14.25". This felt a bit less comfortable and seemed to make it more difficult to move around with the shotgun in low or high ready position.

I bought the SF IV-S and the SWAT buttplate to try out some shorter LOPs. I ended up with the IV-S and the SWAT plate for a total of 12.25" LOP counting the single point sling plate.

I find that with this LOP, I am much better able to move, turn, point, aim, shoot, etc. It is just easy to wield. Also, and this may be my imagination, perceived recoil seems less with the lower LOP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.