Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking around doing searches to come up with ideas for a shotgun I'm building. Right now it's an 870 with an extended mag tube and a 20" barrel with fiber optic open sights (which I kind of like better than the ghost ring ones -I seem to be able to pick up open sights faster). I've ordered a Surefire front end with the 6v light and a side mounted shell holder.

But I'm stuck on the pistol grip stock thing. I've always liked guns that have pistol grips or thumbholes, so I don't really want to get into the whole good vs. bad debate with pistol grips. But I'm having a hard time figuring out what one to get. Wilson Combat has what looks like a good one for about $120. Ebay has some others going for around $60. Ideally I'd like to get a collapsible one, but that's not entirely necessary. I do want to make sure that whatever I get is good quality. I don't mind paying extra to avoid junk.

And I should mention that I'm not looking for just a pistol grip. I need a PG with the stock attached to it. I don't like the folding kinds, but a fixed one or one that telescopes would be great.

I've looked at a bunch of them. I don't like the Choate's much as all their products tend to seem a bit clunky to me. I'm particularly interested in the Speedfeed concept, because I like the idea of having a place to store four extra shells. I'd be curious to know if anyone has experience with them.

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll look at the specops stock. That looks kind of interesting.

As far as other considerations for the stock I'm mostly just looking for something that's well made and can take some abuse. I don't want a flimsy little plastic thing. Normally a standard lop works fine for me. But I know I'll end up using this same guns for turkeys and whitetail hunting. I was thinking an adjustable would work well for that. Funny thing about hunting up here in the great white north is that a 14.5" lop can become an 18.5" lop pretty quickly. Either that or you freeze to death.

Ben

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.