Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter shoots trap and sporting clays with a 20 gauge and she has talked me into shooting my old Remington (pre-77) 20 gauge when I shoot with her. Its a neat old gun, 3" Mag chamber, 2 bead vent rib, white line spacers and has the flying duck on the pistol grip cap. I am thinking that the best way to set the gun up for trap is to swap wood. Numrich has the monte carlo Remington Trap stock set that will fit the gun, but I like the racier styling of the Boyd laminate thumbhole stock which has a raised trap comb as well. Does anyone have any preferences or experience with the thumbhole stock on a shotgun they would share with me? Ken

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
If you are talking about a Rem 1100 then the best and least expensive idea would be a Jack West synthetic stock which has the adjustable comb...very slick...little money...about $200. If you need one I have a demo...very inexpensive.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Ken:

Read my thread in "New Shotgunners" titled, "How to tell which gun fits you the best." Depending on the size of your daughter, she may be better fit by a youth stock.

A thumbhole stock designed for a male adult may create many stock fitting problems for your daughter. Unless the grip of the stock fits her hand size, shooting the gun can be very uncomfortable. The comb, the upper surface of the stock, is also likely to be at the wrong height and the stock is also lilely to be too long. http://stockfitting.virtualave.net/

Rollin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.