Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been loading my own for about 20 years. Recently I ran out of wads. To hold me over I went to the local Gander Mountain to purchase some WAA12 Winchester wads. The guy at the counter told me that they didn't have any and suggested the WT12 Winchester Wad. My research shows me that they are considerably less expensive and the loading data interchanges. What is the difference? TIA, Mike

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Kind of makes you wonder why Winchester didn't just lower the price of the WAA wad to compete with clones, rather than put out a clone themselves. They should be able to produce a WAA wad just as cheap as the WT wad, and it would have saved the extra work and expense of creating a new wad. By keeping the price of the WAA wad more then the competitors, I imagine they have lost a lot of sales on it.

The WT12 work great, as does the Claybuster wads. I started using WAA wads when I first got into reloading, but haven't bothered since.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
From what I under stand the WT12 is made from recycled plastic or "b" grade instead of virgin plastic like the AA's are. We jokingly call the WT12 "cheater" wads because they are orange and under the right light can look like a target chip.

Tim

·
Registered
968 Posts
The difference is the quality of the plastic and the additives which are missing. This affects the tendancy to deposit buildup plastic in barrells choke tubes etc. and causes the wad to perform poorly outside of tempatures between 60 and 80 degrees F. When you cheapen up the mix the profit margin soars. When you have both ends of the spectrum covered they soar even more.

The reason Wincheater did not just cheapen up the standard white AA wad is simple. How would you know how much cheaper the cheap one is if you dont have the expensive one to compare it to?

·
Registered
649 Posts
TReX300 said:
From what I under stand the WT12 is made from recycled plastic or "b" grade instead of virgin plastic like the AA's are. We jokingly call the WT12 "cheater" wads because they are orange and under the right light can look like a target chip.

Tim
I been telln' ya'll to paint the wads orange. :D :D

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm in Biloxi, but yes I know him. His name is Darin Puzz. I have heard that he is getting out of the reloading business. Most of us get our bulk orders from C&S in Lake Charles, LA. A large enough order and he will deliver over here. Darin never did handle bulk supplies, but was handy to get some things in between big orders.

You need to come over and shoot with us sometime now that Mobile Shooting Center is closed. We used to shoot there some until Cindy moved to Styx River, just to far now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rem 3200 said:
I'm in Biloxi, but yes I know him. His name is Darin Puzz. I have heard that he is getting out of the reloading business. Most of us get our bulk orders from C&S in Lake Charles, LA. A large enough order and he will deliver over here. Darin never did handle bulk supplies, but was handy to get some things in between big orders.

You need to come over and shoot with us sometime now that Mobile Shooting Center is closed. We used to shoot there some until Cindy moved to Styx River, just to far now.
Who is C&S? I'm in Lafayette, and go to Lake Charles often.

·
Registered
649 Posts
MajorCaliber said:
Rem 3200 said:

Who is C&S? I'm in Lafayette, and go to Lake Charles often.
C&S Supply Phone337-439-8047

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.