Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Hevi-shot #7.5, 6, 5 in IC & Mod Chokes
Hevi-shot #5 for Turkey in Full Choke

You can use #4 Hevi-shot for close in Goose work also.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
With 20gauge and steel your pellet count gets pretty dicey.

You can do some close in work with #4 shot, the faster the better, but I've found that I end up wounding instead of killing with #4's, then end up shooting another shot to kill the bird or releasing my dog and have him spend the next 10 minutes trying to run down a wounded duck. For me this is not worth it.

Here is how I afford Hevi-Shot. I sign up on their website http://www.hevi-shot.com and get their web specials I can generally get a few boxes at a time when they run these specials. Everytime I've got some extra money I run out and grab a box of Remington Express Long Range Hevi-shot Upland Loads, and I also buy at least 3 boxes for Turkey season (under the wifes radar) and usually end up shooting only 2 or 3 shells. Pretty soon I've got enough Hevi-Shot to get me thru the season.

Another thing, because of price, I've noticed that I don't waste many shells on suspect shots. Flock Shooting and Skybusting are not in your arsenal when you're spending $2.50 everytime you squeeze the trigger.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Ya if you sign up they send you a free Hevi-Shot poster. Great for the garage or wherever you hang your dekes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.