Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know why Winchester did not recommend the early white hulled Hevi Shot loads? I found a deal on some 1300 FPS 1 1/4 #4 loads and plan to shoot them in my X2. The loads are put up in white hulls--just curious as I cannot imagine how a 2 3/4" 1 1/4 oz load could damage and X2 3.5 inch chambered gun.

From the Winchester Website:

FAQ
Q Can I shoot Remington® HEVI-SHOT® in my Winchester shotgun?
A It has previously been recommended that Remington® HEVI-SHOT® shotgun shells not be used in Winchester shotguns, due to a problem with the wad used in the shells. These early model shells were produced with a clear or transparent hull and should be avoided. However, all currently manufactured HEVI-SHOT shotgun shells are acceptable to shoot in Winchester shotguns. HEVI-SHOT should be considered the same as shooting steel shot when selecting a choke tube. All choke tubes approved for steel shot are acceptable to use with HEVI-SHOT.

·
Registered
967 Posts
In simple terms because the wads used in those shells could allow the hevi shot to come in contact with the bore . Which could result in scuffing of the bore . The newer shells are supposed to have a wad that corrects this problem .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts