·
Registered
2,702 Posts
My mother :lol:

BT

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
For upland bird hunting, I favor Cabela's Ultimax thin liner socks under the appropriate weight/length merino wool or Smartwool. For me, that combo wicks the sweat away, keeps it off the hoofs and keeps 'em warm. I rarely need insulated boots. Hunted a half-day today at around 25 degrees with uninsulated rubber knee-highs and was just dandy. Hunt's over, I stop for coffee and kick off the boots and slip on the leather slippers from the hunting bag. Happy feet!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Gold Toe used to be, when they were made about 1000 yards from our house. We still get them actually, but we used to get factory seconds for cheap.

I wear mostly Smartwool now, but I still use Gold Toes as my cotton gym socks.

So what is up with all the weird questions, bel_dad?

Jeremiah

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've had good luck with various Wigwam, and Thorlo brand socks. I'll also use a wicking liner sock under a heavier sock which helps to keep blisters away and my feet dry. It depends on what you're doing also.

Parris

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
southpawnot said:
Chicago or Boston ?
I like the BoSox skipper. I think Tito will be counted among the greats before he's done. He's a relatively young man who's already won two rings. And Big Papi is, well, obviously one big fearsome hitter. And he seems like such a happy man, too. Good for him. Manny, on the other hand, I think will someday retire to a psych ward.

I also respected Ozzie's Sox of 2005, but that day has passed. It's hard to dislike Ozzie, though, as it's never boring during baseball season in or near Chicago. Sooner or later, Ozzie will say something straight out of left field, on the fly -- no hops.

I, however, am a Cub fan, which means I live in permanent skepticism and nearly permanent depression ... regardless of which socks I'm wearing. And Milwaukee is starting to scare me. That fat kid can really hit, and they are acquiring pitching. Hopefully if LaRussa (a lock for the Hall of Fame) stays half-lit, Houston will keep the Cardinals out of everyone else's hair.

Sigh ... at least I have toast. I like toast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts