Thanks......insanely high bid placed!
Glad I could be of service. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bassbones said:
It's a frenzy now......jeez!
It sure is , and it still has 2 + days to go. But it is just you and one other. Sorry, I would have PM'd you, but couldn't remember who wanted it. If it gets too high just wait and check Ebay weekly, using the search term Mossberg 590. I see them every so often.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If the bidding goes nuts, just send us your forend and we'll install a strap for you. We have all the nylon and fasteners in stock so its just a matter of drilling and countersinking.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks for all the help. Must be a market for these things that somebody needs to jump on......then again, it could just end up in my parts box after awhile and never see the light of day again.

John

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
bassbones said:
Thanks for all the help. Must be a market for these things that somebody needs to jump on......then again, it could just end up in my parts box after awhile and never see the light of day again.

John
Yeah, seems a lot of people are looking for them. Might order in a few Mossberg forends, modify them, and list them on our catalog and see what the market is for 'em :?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, that's funny.

I've been modifying 870 forends with these straps for a while now--people would always ask me what the heck I had that strap for....a few days later they'd be asking me to modify theirs.

You can get all the parts to do it at your local auto/hardware store (and a few cents at the craft store for the strap). Quite simple.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
bscman said:
Wow, that's funny.

I've been modifying 870 forends with these straps for a while now--people would always ask me what the heck I had that strap for....a few days later they'd be asking me to modify theirs.

You can get all the parts to do it at your local auto/hardware store (and a few cents at the craft store for the strap). Quite simple.
Yeah, we had started doing them on request for some of the breacher conversions, but then people started wanting them as an accessory :roll: Sadly, the ones we were installing looked better and were more durable than the version that Mossberg was putting out. I was really disappointed at the OE version, it wasn't up to the level of quality I usually expect from Mossberg products :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
kingjoey said:
Sadly, the ones we were installing looked better and were more durable than the version that Mossberg was putting out. I was really disappointed at the OE version, it wasn't up to the level of quality I usually expect from Mossberg products :(
+1
I had a friend looking to buy on the the mossbergs and he drug me along to take a look. This was my first thought as well. Sad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My thanks again to Austin and Joey.....but I finally got a reply from Mossberg and you can order it as a replacement part for $20....so I did.

Should be here monday.

Thanks again

John

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bassbones said:
My thanks again to Austin and Joey.....but I finally got a reply from Mossberg and you can order it as a replacement part for $20....so I did. John
You are welcome, John. I'll bet you are glad you quit bidding at $42 for a $20 part! :lol:

Also interesting that it is easily available from Mossberg at a modest cost. With some of the inquiries on here for that part you would have thought they were scarcer than hen's teeth. I guess there is a lesson there for all of us - if we are looking for factory parts we should check with the factory first!

·
Registered
90 Posts
bassbones said:
My thanks again to Austin and Joey.....but I finally got a reply from Mossberg and you can order it as a replacement part for $20....so I did.

Should be here monday.

Thanks again

John
Bassbones,

Do you have a part number for that forend? I want to get one too.....

Thanks,

Edited to add:

I emailed them about buying a 20" barrel for my M-835 and never got an answer back. I was lucky to find an 18.5" 835 barrel on GunBroker......

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well.....I dont have the part number since I tossed all the packaging when the forend got here, but it's the only one they sell with a strap. The problem now is that it only fits a 6 and 3/4 inch action (length of the tube the forend is on). My mossy is 7 and 3/4 inches........ARHHHHHHGGG!

Just about to give up on the whole thing.

John

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bassbones said:
The problem now is that it only fits a 6 and 3/4 inch action (length of the tube the forend is on). My mossy is 7 and 3/4 inches........ARHHHHHHGGG!
Sell it on Ebay to some fool for $43! :lol:

Seriously though, sorry about your problem.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh yea....I will. I've got a very large collection of stuff that I've put on and (the recoil of federal slugs) have taken off.

I'm slowly starting to learn that "simple" is best.

John

1 - 20 of 33 Posts