Shotgun Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
jaketinaboxer said:
anyone know how your suposed to attach the strap to the forend if your riging it up yourself.
Self-tapping sheetmetal screws or "Plastite" screws work good for screwing into plastic, just make sure you only tighten them until they're "snug", if you over-tighten them you might rip out plastic...

Smitty

·
Registered
177 Posts
As a side note.....mossberg answered my email (28 days later) and said that they will also sell the strap and screws alone for $6. Here's the text............

Thank you for your e-mail. We need to see what model you have so we can
go ahead and see if this forend we have will fit your firearm, We do
sell the forearm with the strap for $20.00 but is the black synthetic
strap ,without the emboridered, plus the shipping and handling $6.95. We
also sell the strap only withot the embroidered for $5.00 it comes with
the screws so you can install it yourself. Please contact us at
1-800-363-3555. Thank you.

There........I mean $5..........I love my mossberg but sheeeesh.
28 day response time = pretty lame.

John

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put a strap on mine, pre-drilled the for-end grip. Grabbed some black screws and some strapping. Screwed it on and it's done.

This was like a $3 job.

Don't pay $40...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just got my new forend from Mossberg. It is the "Tactical cruiser" model with the strap.....$20.00 + $6.95 for shipping:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know that this is a VERY old thread but if anyone sees this reply I would appreciate some help..

The strap on mic's 500 is attached to the tube end, I was wondering if anyone has purchased a sling with that kind of fitting or if that strap comes standard like that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Phreanc said:
I know that this is a VERY old thread but if anyone sees this reply I would appreciate some help..

The strap on mic's 500 is attached to the tube end, I was wondering if anyone has purchased a sling with that kind of fitting or if that strap comes standard like that.
Hey Phreanc,
Thanks for waking up this old thread. I always wanted a forend strap for my 500. I will now look into it...might install my own.
As for your question, i just took a pic of the sling attachment on my 500, which is just like the one you inquired about.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb3 ... 5-2316.jpg

The magazine cap on the Mossberg 500 came with a front swivel stud. I purchased the swivel sling connector for (don't quote me) about $10 bucks...for both front and rear. Of course, the sling is seperate. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Austin12Gauge said:
bassbones said:
My thanks again to Austin and Joey.....but I finally got a reply from Mossberg and you can order it as a replacement part for $20....so I did. John
You are welcome, John. I'll bet you are glad you quit bidding at $42 for a $20 part! :lol:

Also interesting that it is easily available from Mossberg at a modest cost. With some of the inquiries on here for that part you would have thought they were scarcer than hen's teeth. I guess there is a lesson there for all of us - if we are looking for factory parts we should check with the factory first!
Does this mean that we can get chainsaw forends from the factory. Wow
Rmfcasey

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm glad this thread was re-opened. I was inspired, and have just now completed installing my own forend strap on my Mossberg 500. It was a lot easier to do than I thought it would be. A $1.50 job!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is crazy, Mossberg sells that part with the strap for $6.00. Write them, I am a believer in ordering parts directly from the manufacturer.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts