Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a local gun shop and handled a Blaser F-3. All I can say is wow. The balance and fit was awesome and it fit me very well. It was a used sportingclays gun in great shape. They were asking a little over 5K I think it was $5200. By no means do I need a gun of this quality, but I would sure like to have one. I don't even know why I asked to handle it, now I cant stop thinking about it. I can just see myself breaking clays with that bad boy. Can someone here tell me why I don't need this gun.
Thanks Cary

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
You've picked the wrong place to come to get talked out of buying a gun.

You want it, therefore you need it.
It will keep you up nights until you have it.

Congratulations!
It sounds like there's an F3 in your future! :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I can see you guys aren't going to be much help.

I guess its time to go shopping. Any tips you guys can offer on what are your likes and dislikes about certain features are. I shoot sporting clays and looking to get a 32" gun. I currently shoot a Citori in 30". But the F3 I handled was 32" and felt great.

What should I be looking at spending on a used gun v's new? The salesman I talked to said that gun is about 7k new and was selling it for just over 5k.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you want one, I would first call John at Pacific Sporting Arms. He has probably sold more than any one else in the country. I purchased mine from him going on 2.5 years ago. He is a great guy and very honest. He is also typically very competitive on price.

I prefer a 32" gun and I primarly shoot skeet. But I know plenty of sporting shooters that shoot 30's, 32's, and 34's. That is up to you but I am of the opinion is to shoot the longest gun that you can handle comfortably.

Also if you buy a used one there have been quite a few updates since the first ones produced. None of them big deals just improvements or refinements to make them better. Blaser has given me great service and has done the updates for free. My point is to see if the updates have been done on the gun if it is an older one.

The price you have stated seems a little high for a used one but depending on case chokes etc. it may be OK. Like I said before I would do nothing before Talking to John at Pacific Sporting Arms.

If you get one I am sure you will like the gun. I know I love mine.

Good Luck

Al

·
Registered
79 Posts
$5200 is about what new ones are selling for if it is a basic F3 sporting. Make sure you get the case and Briley Spectrum chokes, and a ten year warranty that are included with new one. As mentioned before call Pacific Sporting, that's where I got mine, there were great to deal with.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
johns6 said:
$5200 is about what new ones are selling for if it is a basic F3 sporting. Make sure you get the case and Briley Spectrum chokes, and a ten year warranty that are included with new one. As mentioned before call Pacific Sporting, that's where I got mine, there were great to deal with.
Actually new '08 retail is $6505.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I bought from Pacific about this time 2 years ago. Don't delay as prices increase in January. I only beat it by a few days. Paid just over $4500 including shipping for the entry level version. Best move I ever made in my shooting decisions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sorry if I missed it but where is Pacific located? Does anyone have contact info? Unfortunately I am going to have to wait till after Christmas. Probably be sometime if late January early February. But now is the time for some research.

I will probably hold out for a new gun, not that I have anything against used but there is something about breaking a new gun. If the right deal comes about I wouldn't pass on a used one either though.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
+1

When I bought, now to think of it, I actually missed the date by a few days because I was waiting on a check to arrive for a gun I sold. Explained my situation and he gave me the previous years price when I bought it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts