Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a local dealer the other week who had a 14" (from the factory) shotgun in stock. It was over $600 while the 18" version, which is exactly the same except for less barrel, was half that price.

I asked the dealer if there was the $200 tax involved for this, like there would be for a full auto weapon, and he said no, just a $5 transfer. Although in my city you need to do some legal trickery by forming a corporation since the police chief won't sign off.

So why are all the 14" ******* so expensive?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Quite simply, the BTAF(sp?) doesnt want you having one. if you want one, buy the 18" and cut the barrel down, pay the $200 tax(youll have to anyway) ect. Im not sure if you also need a class 3 liscense like you do for Auto weapons. To be honest, between the $ and the Govt watching you EXTREMELY closely, its not worth it. stick with 18". If you ever NEED a 14" (i dont see a reason for 4") you can hacksaw it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.