Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! This is my first post so please escuse my mistakes.
I have tried to find some infos on internet about Beretta Silver Pigeon V Field. To find the best descripyion, photos and everything, i accesed the Beretta official website. The thing that is very strange is they don't present it on website.
I wrote them an email asking about this model of gun and they told me to ask info at local distributors.
So, why Beretta don't present all models on official website?

Thanks!:cool:

·
Super Moderator
8,805 Posts
I have tried to find some infos on internet about Beretta Silver Pigeon V Field. To find the best descripyion, photos and everything, i accesed the Beretta official website. The thing that is very strange is they don't present it on website.
I wrote them an email asking about this model of gun and they told me to ask info at local distributors.

Only one who can answer that is Beretta
Let us know when you find out.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts

Too many variations, and models that are different in different world markets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too many variations, and models that are different in different world markets.
It is official website. If they don't present all their products, who can do it better?
I tried to select beretta.com, beretta.it ...and nothing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yep Berettas web sight sucks. If you get some one to answer the phone or email they know nothing more than is on their web sight.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
What gun are you trying to find specs on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beretta’s website are very poorly managed. My suspicion is they basically put all the stuff they might make on it, so they don’t have to add and remove entries as their inventory changes. Case in point barrels, they list barrels for just about all of their current models, but none are in stock. The silly thing is they will run sales, and even reduce the price on stuff they don’t even have in stock.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah, their website tends to be stocked with vaporware. On the flipside, their big retailers (like Etchen or Cole's) will have stuff which isn't even on the Beretta site. And then, they also have a couple of corporate gallery stores they operate (NYC and Memphis, IIRC). Basically, it seems their actual marketing efforts are focused on particular retail outlets and government contracts, and the stuff many of us can access day to day (such as the website) are afterthoughts.

And yeah, they also market through traditional distributors, but those product lists are truncated, so your local dealer is probably as much in the dark as you are.

Basically, they're not very good at getting their **it together. Case in point: a couple of years ago they introduced three variations of optic sight compatible APX pistols. Nice pistols, but most potential buyers will demand backup sights which co-witness with the dot sight, and none were available. Well, the co-witness sights sights finally became available in the USA a few weeks ago, over a year after the last of the USA supply of RDO APX's dried up. That is exactly how to scuttle a new product.

·
Registered
686 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts