Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Shotgunworld members from around the Wichita area/vicinity??

I'm always up for going to shoot skeet (or maybe trap...haven't shot that in a long while)...usually shoot at Ark Valley north of the Coliseum. Biggest problem I've had lately is the people I have shot with are either working or out of money and can't go shooting. I'm almost to the point that I'm thinking of making my little runt go so she can push the buttons for me :lol:

Was hoping to get my usual partner to venture out and try a round of sporting clays one of the other places close by (there is one in Belle Plaine and two places in Augusta that have course), but I can't even get him to go shooting at our regular place.

· Registered
28 Posts
For you guys that shoot at Ark Valley. Can a fellow come in and shoot a round of skeet without a membership? What would it cost? Also what is the membership fee? And one more question, what days could we shoot? Thanks for the information.

Allen

· Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pop-a-cap said:
map,

The folks up at Ark Valley would be more than happy for you to join in with them. Lot's of folks come up by themselves and join shoot with whoever is there. Needless to say I shoot at Ark Valley alot.
pop-a-cap, I might try getting out there next weekend depending on the weather. This weekend would have been perfect but didn't have a babysitter (and my little shadow didn't seem interested in tagging along to watch me shoot).

· Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
att said:
For you guys that shoot at Ark Valley. Can a fellow come in and shoot a round of skeet without a membership? What would it cost? Also what is the membership fee? And one more question, what days could we shoot? Thanks for the information.

Allen
I have shot there a lot (just not recently) and know that they have no problem with someone shooting there without a membership...its open to the public both Saturday & Sundays. Once in awhile they shut it down for members only, but that one or two times a year if I remember right. Membership is $50 for a year...it will shave you paying the $5 field fee to shoot there for non-members. A round of skeet or trap is $3. Members used to be able to get a key to the facility to open it up and shoot at their convenience, don't know if that's still the case. The key had a one time fee of $50. Don't know if that's still offered or not or if the price is the same.
My membership recently expired, and I just haven't renewed it since I haven't been out there to shoot...so they may have had an increase in price. I get mail from them though so haven't heard anything about that though.

· Registered
1,268 Posts
att said:

Allen
We welcome all shooters! The cost has gone up to $4.00 a round trap or skeet. The way the system is set-up everyone has to be a member, however there are daily memberships ($5.00) available as well as annuals ($50.00). If this is your first time up there we will comp your daily membership. Kids under 18 can shoot with an adult without a daily.

I will put our mrmbership up against any club in the country as the most friendly group around.

Hours are 10am-5pm Sat & Sun year around(call ahead, 316-744-1834, on foul weather days) During daylight savings time we are open Thursdays 3pm to 8pm. There are friendly (not cut throat competion) skeet leagues also during savings time.

You can PM me anytime you need more infoemation.

· Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
isushooter said:
I am moving to Hutchinson in a month, I'd bet on you guys seeing me around. I shoot mostly skeet. Where do I find some good sporting clays?
For sporting clays I know of three around here -

Michael Murphy & Sons

Lynbrooke Sporting Clays

Shady Creek Sporting Clays

I've been out to Lynbrooke when I stopped in on the way home from a trip, but didn't have the chance to shoot there. It looked like a very nice course/facility though. I've also been to Michael Murphy's but that was only to pick up a gun so don't know how their course. Guys from my last job shot at Shady Creek and give it good reviews on having a nice course plus friendly people. Someday I'll get around to trying my hand at sporting clays...at least I keep telling myself that every year :lol:

IF you do get a chance to come to Ark Valley...I think you'll enjoy it, everyone there is friendly.

· Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread. Just like the OP I am looking for Wichita area shooters that might want a partner to shoot with. Half the time I shoot with my wife but the rest I fly solo. I am a member at Ark Valley and have shot Shady Creek a number of times. I am still a novice shooter, only getting into the game back in December, but have been around the block for a little while.
Dave

· Registered
45 Posts
Just joined the forum, since this got brought back from the dead, as good of a thread as any for my first post.

Moved to Wichita area in December, stationed at McConnell. Just picked up my first shotgun today (H&R Pardner Pump 12ga), and I'm interested in sporting clays. Glad to hear good words about the Shady Creek, as that's the place I've been planning on trying out first. If anyone is looking for a partner to go shooting, and doesn't mind a total newbie to the sport, hit me up.

-Blaze

· Registered
45 Posts
Went to Shady Creek last weekend and popped my proverbial cherry :lol:
Got 38/100, which is much better than I expected. If it wasn't for the $, I would've shot all day. I can see this becoming really addicting...

Anyone around Wichita area owns/knows of a piece of land where you can just go throw/shoot some clays?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.