Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

will Polychoke II fit my Baikal MP-153 aka SPR 453?? if not what are the other Polychokes that fit my Baikal MP-153?

and where can i purchase those Polychoke that will fit my Baikal MP-153?

your prompt reply is highlly appreciated.

thanks,
BinBaz

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
Yes!

http://www.poly-choke.com/choke2.htm

Best accessory that you can add to that gun. I have been using them for over 50 years. The Poly II is a screw-in and once you get used to it, you will never be without one.

Order it direct from Polychoke. Sometime, Gander Mountain has some models. Every brand of gun seems to have different threads.

Then find a trash can and toss those screw-ins. You will never go back, I promise. On my turkey gun, I unscrew it and put in an Undertaker turkey choke as it does throw a little tighter pattern than the Poly II. After turkey season, my Poly II resides on the barrel. How anyone can tolerate those frustrating screw-ins is beyond me. However, whatever turns people on.

No, I don't work for Polychoke. I am a devoted fan of them.
It will be the best money you've ever spent in the gun market, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
It does have Baikal listed on the website. My 28" + 1" of choke SPR453 is already long enough as it is, though, without adding even more length. If i am satisfied with the gun after this season (my second season using it) I am considering having Polychoke cut the barrel a few inches and having them install a permanent Polychoke. That is, assuming they still do that.

A screw in would be nice because it could be resold, though.

Jeremiah

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
They will cut the barrel to your specs and check for POI. I have had several done by them. I always advise the guys with 18" barrels to have one installed so that they can have versatility. It costs about $150.00 for them to install it. They do a great job.

I like 22-24" barrels and when I buy a used long barreled gun, off it goes to Polychoke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts