Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to Will's new training facility several times and have been thoroughly impressed. You can literally get hundreds of different target presentations since you can shoot 360 degrees. It is a "must go to" place to get pro training. Will is the best and can vastly improve your game.

Rick German

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Rick,

If it is so good, why do you keep it a secret? Perhaps it would help if you clue us in on some of the details such as:

- Will Who?
- Club?
- State?
- Address?
- Contact information?
- Website link?

You know, I skipped the class for mind reading. Thanks!

Demi

P.S. Please don't take it personally...I'm just trying to help out this Will guy, whoever he is.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Will Spunkmeyer in Toe Jam Texas? I love that guy :)

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
I know he's talking about Will Fennell because I happened to have been checking his website out a day or two ago and read about his training center.

But what if I hadn't? That would make the OP one of the most useless posts ever......

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hello folks, and thanks Rick for the kind words!

I believe REG is talking about my Training Center, here in Sharon, SC( 30 minutes outside Rock Hill, SC, which is just across the state line from Charlotte, NC). I have operated this training facility on and off since 2004. Since moving home to SC last year, we have worked hard to make it bigger and better. We have done a bit of timber management this year, which has allowed opening up of much more area to shoot on. I have started a second teaching field, so Elizabeth Lanier will also have a field. The 2 different fields will have a much different personality.....one field has a larger field, with an emphasis on hardcore tournament targets. It currently has 2 towers, for a total of 10 traps. All MEC machines controlled by LongRange wireless. This field is very versatile, featuring 360 degree shooting, with target distances 0-100+ yards. The new field will be a bit smaller, but with grand views, will shortly have its first of at least 2 towers, and will soon have 10 or so MEC's with LongRange wireless. It will also feature an outdoor fire pit for socializing after shooting.

We also have a large pattern plate, and full gunfitting available.

In addition to shotgunning, I have also built a large handgun bay ( big enough to hold classes), a rifle range with 100 and 200 yard berms. In addition there is a range that you can work on longer yardage shooting from one hill top to the next, with a berm at 450 yards. All handgun and rifle ranges have steel targets available. Mainly these ranges are for not only my personal use, but I get quite a few shotgun students who need help with their handgun and rifle shooting. Especially in preparation for big game hunting.

This is a private range for Elizabeth and I to give lessons by appointment only. Because of this, we give out the address part of the confirmation you receieve when you book a lesson. My website is www.willfennell.com , and my cell is 803-517-4216. Please let me know if we can help!

Best,

Will

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the mix up. I thought I was posting on Will's forum when I did it. Just trying to be helpful and add some useful information to the shooters.
Oh by the way, why don't some of you amateur critics just calm down.

Rick

·
Registered
751 Posts
Rick,
I appreciate the kind words! Looking forward to having you back out soon! I know you are looking forward to working with Henry Hopking at the Training Center next month!

Best,

Will

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Sobrepuesta said:
I know he's talking about Will Fennell because I happened to have been checking his website out a day or two ago and read about his training center.

But what if I hadn't? That would make the OP one of the most useless posts ever......
Oh I am sure a lot of people wouldn't say that. :lol:

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Great job Will. I am sure it will just get bigger and better.

You will help a lot of shooters with this set up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great place to shoot.
I have been going to Will's training center since 2004.
It's awesome!!! He has helped my shooting more than I can tell you.
The other benefit is Will and Elizabeth are great teachers and even better people.
I highly recommend a lesson with either one at the center.
Thanks, Jimmy Warren.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Jimmy Warren: Nice post. I'm scheduled for a session with Will myself and am looking forward to the experience. Maybe I'll get as good as your are someday.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Had a lesson yesterday at Will's Training Center located in Sharon, S. C. His facility is really a great place to take instruction from Will as you are afforded the opportunity to shoot targets from any position (360 degrees) and at various distances. Regardless of what clay target competitions you participate in (S/C's, FITASE, etc.) you can learn and practice at this facility. Well worth the four hour drive from the metro Atlanta area. Will will be teaching at Garland Mountain & Big Red Oak later in the year. Check his web site for scheduling and dates if you want to improve your skills.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts