Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya,

just got my 12GA win 1300 hd this weekend. havn't had a chance to fire it yet, though.
so my first question is this - the barrel is smoothbore, and i have never used a choke in my life. if the barrel is smoothbore, can i install a choke w/o any modification or would i need a different "style" of barrel?

2) side saddle - are there particular brands for certain shotgun makes, or is it a 1 size fits all kind of deal? i was looking at scattergun tech., but they seem to deal w/ rem 870's and no winchester. i don't know if their side saddles are 870 only or not. most other sources i've checked out don't specify make. so, if anyone owns a 1300 w/ side saddle, maybe you could point me in the right direction?

3) ammo - this isn't 1300 particular, and i've seen it in other posts, but i just want to confirm. i have both 2-3/4" factory & 3" factory magnum shells. 3" has 15 pellets, as opposed to 9 in the 2-3/4. does the 3" also fire at greater velocity, or is amount of shot the only thing different between the two loads?

4) last question - i'm pretty sure i'm going to need to shorten the stock, or get a shorter stock or something like that. would i need to buy a new stock, or would a competent professional be able to shorten the existing synthetic stock by about 1/2"-3/4" at a shop?
if i need a new stock, any suggestions?

Thanks for the help in advance!
be safe

·
Registered
55 Posts
1.) You'll either have too have the barrel modified or buy a replacement barrel.

2.) Sidesaddles ARE model specific. Check out http://www.tacstar.com/tacstar/sidesadd.htm.

3.) The 3" is throwing more shot at lower velocity.

4.) I suppose a good 'smith could shorten a synthetic stock, but for what it would probably cost, you could just as easily buy a replacement stock. For an idea of what's available, check out http://www.speedfeedinc.com/frameset_products.html. They are generally referred to as "youth" or "body armor" stocks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.