Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It must have been all that clean living, because, today I was walking around Dick's and noticed that the AA's were 7.99 a box. Then I say a tiny sign stating 30 percent off that sale of AA's by the flat. So, I'm thinking not bad and I pick up a couple and head to the counter. The very confused teenager behind the counter rings them up at 79.90 a flat and I start asking about the tiny sign I saw. The kid doesn't know a thing and he calls the mgr in who is also as clueless. The mgr walks to the gun dept comes back and tells the kid to ring them up at 57.99 a flat and then leaves. By now I'm wondering if I'm missing something here because none of this math is adding up. So I ask the kid if that's their real price. He is now pretty annoyed with me and says spits out a yes. I said great and told him to ring up eight more that were upstairs and I made top speed back to Wisconsin.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great, what is 30% of 7.99 ??? I just came home from Dicks Sporting Goods with two flats of Gun Clubs and they were $47.80 each, I did bow down and pay tax though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've been picking up a couple flats of Gun Clubs a week from Dicks. $47.80 per flat. But then I also throw one of their $10 off coupons on the counter, so I've been walking away for $37.80 per flat plus tax.

I've still got a couple coupons left for this week, but I'm really going to hate it when this ends!

Regards,

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Black Rifle said:
I've been picking up a couple flats of Gun Clubs a week from Dicks. $47.80 per flat. But then I also throw one of their $10 off coupons on the counter, so I've been walking away for $37.80 per flat plus tax.

I've still got a couple coupons left for this week, but I'm really going to hate it when this ends!

Regards,
Me too. By the way, if you've got more than one $10 Dick's check, they'll take more than one at a time ... or at least the one I've been stopping at. I got some clearance sale stuff the other day and had two of the $10 checks and walked out with some pretty cool stuff for not a lot. Let's face it, you've got to work whatever you can to your advantage in these high-price days.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
jakkkk said:
Help a brotha out! Where are these coupons? I asked if any other discounts were available.
If you join their rewards club -- and you don't have to get one of their credit cards -- whenever your total purchases add up to $300, they send you a check worth $10 at one of their stores. You don't even have to carry the card. They give you a whole kit of little stuff...full-size card for wallet, mini-card for the key ring and a sticker. I just put my sticker on my NRA card, that way I don't have to carry an extra card in my wallet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Similar experience. I went to pick up a case of the Remington All Purpose shells that were listed at 34.80. Case was rung up at 39.80. I told them look, here's your flier right here, there are 10 boxes in here (the all purpose shells are in the annoying boxes of 20) and 3.48 is your price with 10 or more boxes. Well it was a real gong show since the guy at the register had no clue how to decipher their own flier. At this point I was in line with 10 people behind me so I said forget it ring it up. I then went to customer service and explained the problem. She gave me a credit for the right price but no explanation as to why it was ringing up like that.

Oh well, that at a $20 coupon and I was out of there for $14.80 for what is essentially 8 boxes of 25.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
dcmidnight said:
Similar experience. I went to pick up a case of the Remington All Purpose shells that were listed at 34.80. Case was rung up at 39.80. I told them look, here's your flier right here, there are 10 boxes in here (the all purpose shells are in the annoying boxes of 20) and 3.48 is your price with 10 or more boxes. Well it was a real gong show since the guy at the register had no clue how to decipher their own flier. At this point I was in line with 10 people behind me so I said forget it ring it up. I then went to customer service and explained the problem. She gave me a credit for the right price but no explanation as to why it was ringing up like that.

Oh well, that at a $20 coupon and I was out of there for $14.80 for what is essentially 8 boxes of 25.
They really need a better program for their registers. Horror stories about front-counter oddities at Dick's abound. I'm lucky. I try to go when the "team leader" from outdoors is there. He's a guy I shoot with, and he knows his stuff. He'll call up front for me or, if he's not really busy, will walk up to the front with me and tell them how to ring it up properly. Good guy, good shot.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have bought almost $3000 worth of Remington shotgun shells from DSG this year using their sales, case prices 10% off, "$10 off a $50 purchase" coupons and their Score Card certificates. I have two of the front-line supervisors so used to dealing with me that now I have no problem checking out. At first it was a real adventure.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah I'm going back today to stock up before the sale ends. Small price to pay for such a good deal and still have a $50 coupon to burn.

Is anyone else shooting the Rem AP/HV? At first I thought maybe I was just being a cheap ******* since I've been shooting a lot and briefly thought about getting the Gun Clubs or the next line up - but I seem to be shooting just fine with these.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
DC,
I use their Remington Game loads all the time for Five stand ,and they work just fine! Essentially they are the same shell as the Remington all purpose loads and reload as well as the Gun Clubs do!
Regards CTS :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I pick up cases of either Gun Club or promotional field/target loads in 20 ga for the boy scout troop that our gun club sponsors. Usually I will pick these up at Dick's when they have a promo by the case lot. One thing that I have seen over the years is that they will NEVER ring up at the correct price. I really don't think that it is over sight. If the case is scanned, it should reflect the case price & not 10 boxes @ xx. Be AWARE!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.