Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came from the local walmart. They had some boxes of Win. drylok steel-- 3.5in, max dram equiv. 1&9/16oz, BB-- for $5.00. This seemed really low to me. Should I go buy all they have???

Does anybody know the velocity of this load? It was not on the box and I wonder if that size payload would not travel at enough fps. for good penetration on geese? Thanks, Bob.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Seems like a steal to me. 3.5" BB's should be more than enough for geese. I don't have a 3.5" gun (yet) so I can't tell you what they normally cost, but I just paid $11 for a box of 25 3" #2's at my local Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
That is a very low price. Most guys(myself included)are going for smaller load weights and higher velocity loads. This load should be moving out right around 1,300fps and fine for geese.
I would pattern some first before going out and buying the remaining stock.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Sounds Great andthey should pattern well but you may have to open the choke a bit.

Steel shot shooting guru, Tom Roster, has shown that BBB is the load of choice for geese over decoys.

good luck!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Buy them all that is a gret price. I thank they are 16.99 a box at basspro may be more.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went back to wallyworld today and picked up 2 boxes. I will pattern them tommorrow and if happy will go get several more boxes. They more marked down to $5.00 from $15.97. I'm guessing they were either overstocked on that load or will not be carrying that particular load anymore. Or, it could be they were just priced wrong. Don't know, Don't care, I'll take it! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts