Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Anyone got any thoughts on the Winchester Model 101 (called the 5005 here in the UK). I have just bought a grade a used model and have never shot with such accuracy in all my life!

Ben

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sure I got a few thoughts just don't tell the wife. :lol: I group the 101 in the top 10 best O/U designs of all time. You got yourself a great gun there treat it right and it will last longer than you will.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks John, she (the gun!) sure is getting plenty of action at the moment, feels better than anything I have shot with before!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I, for one, absolutely love the 101 in all its various forms (field, pigeon, diamond, livebird, 5500, 6500, XTR, etc) and gauges. There is a general knock on the gun that it has heavier recoil than normal. In shooting a 12 gauge field grade with 26 inch barrels and a 12 Pigeon XTR with 32 inch barrels, I can NOT confirm that reported negative. I would quickly recommend a 101...great gun, still affordable, becoming collectable. In fact, a couple of the sub-gauges added to the old collection would be absolutely fantastic!! :D

G

·
Count me in as another fan of the 101 series. Have had 1 of the winchester model, 2 of the same gun from Sears, and now a "classic doubles" version also. Good. solid performers and much nicer in balance than some of the newer O/U's.

G

·
I own a Pigeon Grade 101 trap with 32" barrels choked IM and Full. Great trap gun. Super Helice (zz bird) gun and I can hold my own on clays , 5 stand and skeet with it as well. Tight chokes with 1 oz loads just destroy targets. I love the super wide rib on my gun.

APEXDUCK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.