Shotgun Forum banner

Winchester 1300 Barrel

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Jambo 
G
#1 ·
I hope someone here can guide me. Just recently, my local K-Mart has had Winchester Model 1300's on clearance at $180. I tried to get one and they sold out. Couldn't find them anywhere else at that price. :( I gave up and bought myself a new 870 Super Mag. :D Damn, now what comes on clearance at the K-Mart where I go to college.

I told my old man, he says maybe I should pick one up for him. Ok. My older brother hears about this, too. Now he also wants one.

I get the last one from the K Mart up here. That was an experience that will never happen again. It took an hour to buy it!!! :x My local gun shop owner has me out of there in ten minutes after I decide what I want.

Anyway, had to go 60 miles and finally found another one. YESSSSS. This one only took ten minutes to purchase. What a difference?

Now to the point, both the guns came with smooth bore rifle barrels. That's fine with my dad, since he'll never shoot his ( just wants to collect now instead of buying firearms to use). My brother wants a regular 26" or 28" barrel for his. The local gun shop wants $185 for one barrel!! That's more than he paid for the gun.

I was hoping someone here knows where to get a barrel for under $125?? maybe?

Sorry for the long post,
Andy

See less See more
#2 ·
Andy, you said:

"both the guns came with smooth bore rifle barrels"

It seems to me it would either be smooth bore or rifle barrel????
Not sure I've seen a smooth bore rifle barrel! Smooth bore is very different from a rifle barrel! But both, at the same time?

Good lesson is to decide what and why you want it before you buy it. It seems to me that your question is something like:

"I bought this Chevy hardtop because the price was so low, but what I really wanted was a convertible. Now it is going to cost me a lot to make it into what I really wanted."

If you want lots of quick service, go to a gun dealer and pay his price, if you want it cheap with lots of no service, go to WM. I go to both but know the difference.

With all due respect, few people if any have ever considered a Win M 1300 a collector's item. But to every one his own.

Sad story.

G
#3 ·
I meant to say smooth bore with rifle sights. Sorry it came out wrong.

Still, that price was pretty hard to beat. Another thing we figured on was that its cheaper to trade a rifle barrel for a shot barrel than the other way, but he decided to keep to the barrel.

As for my old man, you should see some of the guns he bought just to collect or the ones he decided not to shoot anymore.

Thanks for your reply
Andy

G
#4 ·
About collecting one of them. Do you think the Model 12's were collectible right from the start? Look at how much those are worth nowadays. And since our dad took great care of everything he owned, the model 12 is mint. Who knows how much that is worth? Maybe one day, the 1300 will be cashed in on college tuition? LOL

Andy

#8 ·
Anonymous said:
About collecting one of them. Do you think the Model 12's were collectible right from the start? Look at how much those are worth nowadays. And since our dad took great care of everything he owned, the model 12 is mint. Who knows how much that is worth? Maybe one day, the 1300 will be cashed in on college tuition? LOL

Andy
Keep in mind that I understand that this post was, somewhat, lighthearted.
The Model 12 has obviously been around quite a while, but it didn't take long for people to realize that it was a damn good gun. The Model 1300 isn't much different than the 1200. Other than a few cosmetic differences, they're pretty much identical. They're decent guns to keep in the barn, leaning up in a corner because it's a cheap $180 piece of crap, who cares if it gets a little bit of rust on the barrel. So, I doubt that the 1200 or 1300 will ever appreciate in value any amount, like a Pinto or a Gremlin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.