Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be purchasing my 1st shotgun soon. I have a very tight budge $300 and I have found 2 guns that I am interested in the 1st is a Winchester 1300 12ga combo for $225 and the second is a Remington 870 express. This gun needs to be very versatile. It's main use will be for small game. I would appreciate your thoughts.Thanks,Jayson

·
Registered
541 Posts
With the Winchester being a combo I would lean towards it. If you feel the remington fits you better than go with the 870. I think the 1300 sounds like a better deal. They are both great guns and will last for a long time.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Get the Winchester definently, I have one in 12 gauge and I use it for squirrel all the time works great. Plus I think the Winchester weighs a lot less so if you are doing a lot of walking it would come in handy. You have to think about it like this, your getting a lot nicer gun with 2 barrels for probably less than just the not so atractive express all by itself. Good Luck let us know what you get.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
870 Express! I have one in 12 gauge and one in 20 gauge.

Scott

·
Registered
654 Posts
PEOPLE!!!

The original posting by Jayson was in JANUARY OF 2003

What idiot thought it was a good idea to give more advice at this late date?

Great Caesars Ghost - let the old post die!!! Either he purchased one of the guns he asked about or he forget about the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
I have a 870 and a turek slayer, the 870 is hands down the better shot gun. The turkey slayer is a great gun but she kicks like a mule. The 870 is not that bad. I used her last year in a skeet shoot with a turkey choke tube in and took second. I shot probably 150-200 rounds, and didn't even have a bruse.
GO FOR THE 870 great shot gun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.