Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the scoop on these? Good, bad? They seem to be only a little more pricey than a Remington Express but come with 3 chokes. I love Winchester ammo and rifles, so why not get the shotgun to go with 'em.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They function just fine. I seen a couple of people using them. One advantage it that the Winchoke system uses the tubethat are more readily available then the remchoke whichequals cheaper.Ultimately the question is does it fit you and do you like it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
c'mon, only one response? And you call yourself shotgunners. Tsk Tsk.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do like the way the Upland Special swings. It feels very much like a side by side. Short and light. The forearm stock is nice and narrow, too. I like the idea of the "power pump" since I already have the habit of cycling immediately after each shot, whether I need to shoot again or not. Nothing like a speedpump for doves abd double trap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same guns built by Winchester/Repeating Arms. Cost not to bad for a working man. Stock is made of wood. Mine was walnut. The shot barrel has a rib vent 28 inch lenght. Came with three chokes. Will chamber for 3 inch shotshell. But advise against that! Mine shot a little to the left and high regardless of choke. Mainly use deer barrel. It came with a smooth bore. Will also chamber for 3 inch. Factory sights are real crap. Remind me of the Daisy BB gun sight. Have to consantly sight it in. Shoot high and litle of to the right. Right now unit about 15 years old. Having a problem zeroing in the gun with the factory sight. Recoil is real harsh wouldn't want to use as a trap or skeet gun. Strictly hunting. If you use 3 inch and your not a stout person your skelton will want to jump out of your body.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was seriously considering the purchase of a win 1300 until my wife(Girlfriend at the time) bought me one for my B-day. I love it and have not had a single problem with it. I will normally go through at least 50 to 100 hundreds while I'm plincking or skeet shooting. I will recommend a knoxx ind. spec-ops stock.

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
We are all entitled to opinions here. We all have them. We try to be friendly to everyone.

There are a lot of people very happy with their Winchester Model 1200's and 1300 pumps. I pheasant hunt every year with a wealthy man who will shoot nothing else.

The last absolutely bad shotgun I remember being sold new was the last of the Savage/Stevens pump shotguns at Wal Mart about 20 years ago. So, the Winchester is not really a bad shotgun.

However, if anyone here is reading this, and doesn't have a shotgun, and is contemplating buying a Model 1200/1300, here's my opinion. I own one. I've owned several. They are the absolute bottom of the barrel of late model shotguns. When you take out the trigger group and look inside they are made of the absolute flimsiest, stamped, horrid looking parts imaginable. They do work, for a casual shooter/hunter. They look a lot better on the outside than they do the inside. But the Mossberg is a far, far better shotgun. And, the Remington 870 Express is a better shotgun that the Mossberg. The other two don't even cost more. The Winchester is no longer made, the other two are. Without any question, if you haven't "leaped" yet, buy the Remington 870 Express, or 870 Wingmaster (if you can afford the deluxe model). You'll be happier with it, I think.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I had one....no major mechanical problems with it. I just couldn't hit a house with it because of poor fit. I also don't like the way the springy ejector is in the 1200/1300 Winchester. I'd step on a Winchester 1300 to get to an 870 Remington.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.