Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had problems with mine today. One is that the piece that holds the shells in the magazine tube does not always hold the shells in. Also on unfired shells you can only pull the bolt handle back a half inch of so and it stops. You can see that the bolt is unlocking and moving back but it then stops. It does not seem to do this on an empty shell. Also if it fires it will not feed the second shell into the chamber. Greg took a look at it and could not see any solutions and agrees these are the problems with the gun.

I did take the barrel and fore end off and the trigger assembly out. I cleaned out the holes in the barrel which gases escape thru but they did not seem dirty. I did not take the bolt or any thing else out. Gun was very clean on the inside.

Any comments or recommendations?

·
Registered
8 Posts
As I've normally used several Remington 1100's over the years, I don't have enough experience with the Win.1400's to answer your question. But...I recently aquired two of them in virtually new condition and like them very much. I've put quite a few rounds thru them in the past few months and haven't had the first problem. I've heard nothing but good about them, and I'll be watching this post with interest. Good luck with yours. Sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had same kind of problem with mine "new" W1400. When firing several rounds one after the other, it will fires Ok. But when shoots single trap, no action. Cause tricker that locks rounds to magazine did not work well. This tricker also get stuck to its forward position. I will find out how to break it up, by picking its little spring out? Or trying to pull plastic magazine end out?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought a used 20g 1400mk11 last week at a pawn shop. I found it works well by opening the action, loading a shell in the barrel and closing it, then loading the shells in the mag, it won't jam then for some reason, but if you load the mag first it won't load or eject the shells sometimes. My questions are, it only holds 3 and I can't see that it's plugged, and where to buy chokes?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a model 1400 that experianced the same problems. In mine it was a loose pin on the piston that would catch on the slide. Other than that problem it has been a great gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts