Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This shotgun is in very good original working condition. It has always been in my family and was well cared for. All I know about it is it is rare as not many manufactored, dates around 1920-24, takes 2.5" shells, and serial number is 22423. I am curious what it might be worth, considering selling. I would appreciate additional info about this gun and what it might be worth in todays market. Would also like to know good place to get shells for this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im still researching value. Probably wouldn't sell unless I could get > $1000 since it belonged to my grandfather. He took meticulous care of all his personal items and Im pretty certain it has all original parts and finish. Since it is rare there is limited info for pricing. The ones I've found that sold were not in as good condition.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I haven't had either one of my grandfathers for a long time. I can tell you, if I owned one of their guns, it wouldn't be for sale at any price. Doesn't really matter what the actual gun is worth. You can't put a number on sentimental value. Keep it! You'll kick yourself if you don't

·
Registered
286 Posts
FYI 2 1/2 inches is STILL the standard length for 410 shotshells. While 3 inch shells are now available they are mainly hunting shells and somewhat uncommon. If you want some shells for shooting clay targets 2 1/2 inch shells are the gold standard for shooting skeet and usable for 16 yard trap if you are quick enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts