Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 6 of the Plat. Tip Win. 400 grain sabots left over from last year.
Since I have been playing with the USH I thought I would try them today.
I must say that these worked better for me than most of the other hi-speed sabots.
No prize winning accuracy but accurate enough.

This 125 yard group of 5 shots from a solid bench rest isn't too bad at 5" but it sure is a far cry from the unsupported claims of 2" groups some guys are claiming.
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the full bore nondiscarding sabot like the Hammerhead used by Hastings, the Commander by Lightfield, copy of the Hammerhead, and the Remington copy of the Hammerhead might still be the best bet for the 12 bore s.g.
Perhaps we should live with the heavy .73 caliber rifle bullets and a sensible max range of about 150 yards?

We are here to help and support one another by sharing our experiences.
Thoughts and opinions welcomed.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NautiBuoys said:
Anyone have any feedback on how the WW-400gr PT performed on deer? Walmart is closing them out-$5/5 pack and I picked some up to try. Accuracy is great out of my rifled itaca 37 barrel. Thanks.
At 5 bucks a five pack that's a STEAL!
Please, if you would, define: "Accuracy is great out of my Ithaca................."

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am getting 3" groups at 100yds with an Ithaca 37, 20" rifled barrel with a Leupold 1-4x VXII (set on 4x) off a bench rest. If I can dig a target or two out of the trash, I'll post. Might be able to do better with more magnification/finer crosshairs, but I'm primarily a hunter and like a wide FOV.

I hear ya on the Walmart, but sometimes I just can't pass up them deals...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts