Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a couple pounds of 452AA in the original container recently. Years ago I used it for shotshells but I disremember what the load or gauge was. Seems like I was loading a lot of 16's and 12's back then. I have misplaced my old Lyman manual with load data for that powder. I believe 452AA and the old Hodgdon Trap 100 were interchangeable. I have an old Hodgdon manual with Trap 100 data in it. Anybody else got a source of data for 452AA in 12, 16, or 20 ga? I also got a recolection of about 5 grains of 452AA in the 9 mm.

·
Registered
827 Posts
im knida new to this reloading thing, but i have all my dads stuff and just started reloading again . he had some 452aa left over and i just used the same set up he had in till it was all gone. 12 ga. load, win. 209 wwaa12 wad and 1 1/8 of shot i measured out a load and it was 18.5 grains of powder.it shot well , but im not sure on the velocity. i had enough powder to reload about 750 rounds and they are just about gone so i can say i didnt have a problem with that load :) also shot welkl as a sporting clays load. have fun and shoot str.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.