Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Winchester 97 and I can see that the end is broken off of the ejector spring. Looking at some old parts sites they also list an ejector pin. I see nothing in my shotgun that resembles this part. Can anyone tell me where it is located please?
Thanks,
Rex

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
E Rex B said:
Looking at some old parts sites they also list an ejector pin. I see nothing in my shotgun that resembles this part. Can anyone tell me where it is located please?
Thanks,
Rex
Winchester's nomenclature on this part leaves a lot to be desired if one doesn't know what they refer to! "Ejector block" maybe would be better....

The "pin" part comes from the part pinning through the wall of the receiver (from the inside out). The ejector pin has a square rectangular shaped head as seen looking into the receiver, and is just behind (to the rear) of the tip of the ejector spring roughly 1/16". It function is to buttress (stop over-travel) of the ejector spring to prevent breakage and to give the hull "a final hard kick" out of the gun.

Slidehammer

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You fellows. Sey that is the little flat spring that has the tip broken off of it. and I see the "pinned" in piece now.
I believe the gun was made in 1909 so I guess the ejector had a right to wear out.
Rex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.