Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this used, online at a shop that specializes in surplus firearms, mostly from Europe. Can't find much info on the Model 99, other than on this site that someone posted that 'it was a lower priced 101 derivative'. I was looking for a lower shell extractor but I'm unsure what part # I need and if it's same as the 101.

Any info the Model #99 would be appreciated.

Missing lower barrel extractor:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Skeet_Man said:
I would contact Midwest Gun Works or Chris Showler, they'd know.
Contacted MGW and they can't tell me that they've ever heard of a Model 99 O/U by Winchester. Same with another parts supplier and my LGS who inspected their gun 'bible' and came up with a Model 99 which was a .22.

Can't find much on this shotgun.

Anyway, it shoots well. The lower barrel just doesn't extract shells.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Very interesting gun.I had heard of the Model 99 .22 rifle ,also known as the "Thumb Trigger Model",but never a Winchester Model 99 shotgun.

Will be watching to see if some one comes forward with information on this gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris Showler emailed me back and stated that he believed it was a European export model identical to the Model 96 (lower priced 101 with plain receiver) and concurred with the pics that I sent that it looked like the same extractor setup. If so, he stated he had the Model 96 parts for me.

This makes sense as the retailer where I bought this from, stated that it was included in a surplus shipment from Europe. I also bought a CZ Brno 301 O/U from them.

My LGS looked in their gun book and pulled out a Win Model 99 and it was a rather strange looking .22.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skeet_Man said:
The 96 I had was 20ga, but it had the same ejector setup as the regular 101. Maybe the 20ga was different, or the changed at some point, but mine didn't have a spring under the ejector.
The first supplier I talked to asked if I had the older dual injector system or the single. I'm assuming it changed over time... This is my first O/U shotgun so I really have no clue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.