Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very fortunate to have inherit a 1932 Winchester model 21, 12 gauge trap model shotgun from my grandfather. He was a great guy and won the Maine state trap shooting championship in the 1930's with this gun. My mother was his tomboy gun bearer. The gun has a lot of good memories.

The gun was in good condition but had some problems that needed to be addressed. Fortunately, I live near Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company (Gazalan). I brought the gun over to them and discussed the situation with Lou Frutuoso. I decided to let them restore my shotgun ... good decision !!! Under the years of grime and wear there was exhibition grade wood and the restoration made it better than new. Unbelievable industrial artistry. It is now a usable, better than new, artistic, family heirloom that represents a proud era of manufacturing perfection. The goal of Winchester in making the Model 21 was to create the best SxS shotgun possible, they succeeded and Galazan has restored my shotgun to all its glory.

It was a great experience and the result was awesome. Highly recommended.

Lou

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
What a great story! Not only do you have a fantastic gun, but every time you look at it you'll be reminded of your grandfather - this is the reason we keep heirlooms - they keep alive the memories of long-gone loved ones!
And congratulations also on having such a pleasant experience with the Galazan folk.

Your Grandfather must be very pleased!

All in all, this post has made my evening and thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
We'll need to see pictorial evidence of the gun please, sir.

You can't just go around talking about Model 21's with exhibition grade wood and not show us at least one picture. :)

Great story though.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
To tell a story like that and not post photos is practically a sin....

Let us see what it looks like!

Good shooting,
desmobob

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Wow that is a good looking gun.

Have you taken her out for a round yet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.