Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with shell catch in my magazine on my winchester model 12 and 25...its the exact same problem.It works the exact oposite as what it should....can anyone tell me what os wrong?thanksmatt

G

·
Since your model 25 was made between 1949&1955, and depending on the era of your model 12, certainly sounds like this part needs replacing do not fret though they take the same part so obtaining 2 CARTRIDGE CUTOFF- WIN PART #11012, should not be a problem, although fitting will be required to compensate for use of weapon.RON KONTOWSKYACTIONS BY R.A.K.8o

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i really dont think the cut off is the problem....i was actually thinking that there was a certain way that the cut off fits against the bolt.i am thinking that they were not put back together right before being handed down to me..If there is any special way for them to fit in the action please let me know...thanksmatt

G

·
Matt, the shell catch or shell stop is the cartridge cutoff as per WINCHESTER terms, what I gather from your above mentioned discription is that as the gun is cycled the first shell is sent to the carrier than the second shell instead of staying in the mag tube it is released after lock-up of the first shell.If this is not the case please give better details so we can aid you thru this.RON KONTOWSKYACTIONS BY R.A.K.www.deansgunshop.com8o

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok..lets give this a shot...When the action is closed the catch is open and will not catch a shell once inserted on both of my guns, However when you open the action the catch moves to the locked position and back to open when you close to action once again. working intirly in reverse.this is what leads me to believe that the catch is not fitting into the receiver correctly, yet i cant seem to find out how it should go.. I hope this is what you were asking for....and thanks againMatt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.