Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hello hu58nt: Well you have a 1914 first year Md 1912 12 ga. The 12 ga. first came out in 1914, (s/n's 32,419-79,765).

These guns had some unique features that most don't have such as a non, grooved receiver, just a 5/16ths matt down the top of the receiver that has a full radius. It had a 14 groove forearm. No alignment arrows on the mag tube and receiver extention. The others are hidden.

Eric gave good advice, look at his thread, there is a big difference in reblueing, (don't do it) and restoration, (I'll only recommend restoration). It will save me a lot of typing again! LOL

The one thing value books don't take into consideration, is vintage. I always add 10% to the value being a first year gun.
Not many have survived over the last 91 years!!!

You can PM me or email me directly if you have further questions, at [email protected]

Regards Dave

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hello hu58nt: Keeping the metal coated with a good quality gunoil is about all you can do. Restoration of both the metal and stocks will start around $600-$700 and go up depending on exactly what's needed. If you want a couple of places to talk to email me at; [email protected]

Regards Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.