Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently aquired a 12ga. model 1912 s\n 78xxx. The barrel is 30" FULL choke. I believe it is a field grade because it has a plain barrel and stock. The metal finish on the reciever is a brownish rust color but not pitted. The barrel and magazine tube is a faded blue color with areas that are worn to bare metal on the magazine tube. I would like to know an approx. value as is and if professonal reblued\restored.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked out the other post. I was pretty certain that the gun was a very early one (s\n 78xxx) but had no idea of a value. I am trying to decide whether or not to have this gun "RESTORED" or leave it in the condition it is currently in. My other concern is that if I do nothing that the metal finish will get worse. Are there any products out there to protect the existing metal finish without changing that aged patina other than oiling. This gun was given to me so I am not that concerned about how much money will be invested in it. My hope is that this gun will be around for another 91 years. Thanks for all your help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.