Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1981 Winchester Model 21-28 gauge. Nice engraving no gold, almost 100% condition.
:?: What is the value?

Any reco on a site that could help me out. I seriously appreciuate it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Teton, without seeing the condition of the gun, there is no way to tell. I would suggest that you take it to a professional appraiser prior to making any decisions.

I have been watching Model 21's in 20 gauge at auction. I have seen beaters for as little as 2,000 with major problems to 5,500 and up for NIB condition. If the gun was special ordered, has high end wood, or some other custom feature, there is just no telling. I am not sure about 28 Gauge but suspect is pretty sought after. There are just too many variables to obtain a quote from some yahoo like me over the internet.

Now if it's in your way, I would be more than happy to steal it off you........er...uh.....I mean take it off your hands for 1,500. In fact, I would be willing to climb on a plane and come pick it up ! :lol:

But that's just me......I'm a giver ! :mrgreen:

Watch gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com. Search the internet for Butterfields auctions. Review auction prices under sporting arms. If you can't locate, let me know. I have the internet address at work.

How about 1,600 ?

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Teton,
You've got one of the most sought after guns on the market today. If it's not insured, please do so now. Like our friend above stated these guns go from $2,000 - $40,000 depending on engraving, history, condition. Cabela's currently has a 28 gauge choked SK/SK, 26" barrels, vent rib, no engraving for $20,000. Here is the link http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hyId=11929

Being 28 gauge makes it even more desireable.

If you have the means, please share some pictures with us. We all love seeing great double guns.

Does yours look like this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts