Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well beings I can't sleep anyway. I was thinking about a shotgun my father once had. A Winchster model 25. Now I was told these are hard to come by. I was also wondering what gauges it came in. I know it came in 12 but did it also come in 20? Some day I would like to find one of these guns. I would greatly appreciate any information on this shotgun.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
just going by the blue book, available in 12 only---non takedown version of the model 12----almost 88k made between 1949-54

·
Registered
202 Posts
The model 25 was made to try and get back market share from Remington when their 870 started outselling the model 12 by leaps and bounds due to a much lower price. The 25 is modeled after the model 12 (like said above) but does not break down.

P_102

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hello shotgun minister: Well lets see, it's already been said that this gun was made from 1949-1954, and about 88,000 were made.

the only ***** was 12, they all had 28 inch plain barrels, with one of the following chokes, Full, Mod. or Imp/Cyl. the only other option, would have been a winchester recoil pad vs the butt plate.

I will have to take exception to what P_102 said. the remington 870 didn't come out until 1950 a year after Winchester came out with the Md 25. The Md 12 was approaching $100 by 1949, and when the Md 25 came out it was $79. Winchester tried to offer a little cheaper pump gun. when looking at the production numbers of the Md 12 from 1950-1963 along side the Remington 870, it was evident which gun the public preferred. In 1963 when remington came out with the pressed chekered stocks, higher polished blue, and winchester decided to stop producing the field grade gun, the 870 sales took off, and is still the leading pump gun today. (yes I own one too!) LOL

regards Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts