Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired a Winchester Model 50, and bought a Model 59 ad the same time just b/c it was there. My father had told me of the gun about 20 years ago, but I had never seen one.
I have shot Remingtons all my life and I LOVE the Model 50. Does anyone know any eccentricities about this gun that I should know? Also i don't know whether the M59 is a wallhanger or not. It is sound, I want to shoot it, but it seems fragile.
On a side note, any opinions on the High Standard autos and the big question, how do you get the gas piston out of a Winchester Model 1400 MKII!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Only thing that I would warn you about shooting the 59 is that the receivers are known to crack (and ruin the gun) if you shoot heavier loads threw them.

My father actually has two 59s, one that he bought when he was about my age some 25 years ago. Unfortunately my uncle borrowed it and shot some XX mags through it and cracked the receiver. The other one he bought about a year ago. He shoots it on occasion but will only shoot Remington nitros out of it.

Just my knowledge of the gun.

Buck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts