Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any help with available slug choke tubes and scope mounts to fit this gun. It's for a friend of mine who seems content to just lob lead hoping he hits something. I'm planning on buying anything I can find to help his accuracy and prove to him that you can find decent accuracy with slugs. I shoot Lightfield slugs and a Rhino Slugmaster tube in my Benelli and they work great for me. Any slug recommendations for his gun would also be appreciated as a baseline. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
864 Posts
As for the rifled choke tube .... I have one here in my shop, I want $35 for it.

Next is the gun drilled and tapped for a scope mount? I just drilled and tapped a 1300 for a guy that wanted a dot sight put on his gun. If it is drilled and tapped, you should be able to pick up a mount at your local sporting goods store.

If you are setting up a vent rib barrel, B-Sqaure makes a cantilever mount, that attaches right to the vent rib.

I guess it is up to you :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it is a vent rib gun I'll have to check. What brand choke tube do you have? Is the B-Square mount sturdy enough to hold up to slug recoil? I have an Aimtech mount and tried a B-Square mount on my wifes gun but it did not hold well. It was a saddle type mount. The Aimtech has held up well. Are the 20ga. receivers different than the 12ga.? Any brand of slugs seem to be a good starting point for this gun?
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The choke tube I have is the Sniper tube, made by Cation. As for the B-Square vent rib mount .... I have one on my 10 gauge, for turkey hunting, and it is holding up great. That you will have to find, because I am out of them right now. I would guess that MidwayUSA might have them in their online catalog. Hey if Midway has the rifled choke tube cheaper .... Get it there also.

Yes there is a difference between 20 and 12 gauge receivers. The 20's are a lot more narrow. So a saddle mount may not be a good idea on this gun.

As for which slug? I am unsure what you want to do there. I load and sell the Lyman sabot out of my shop, and I sell 25 for $20. I don't mess with the other slugs on the market, because of the cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts