Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking of picking up one of these new select energy traps. They look like nice guns and I can get one for a nice price. Only problem is I haven't been able to learn much about this gun. I heard the basic stuff like its made in belgium by FN and the specs, but not much of anything from actaul owners or people who have experience with the gun. What are your thoughts on these guns? How are they holding up to use? Are they well suited to a beginning casual trap shooter?
Thanks,
Chevy

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
From the small amount of time one has been used by my son it seems to be a fine gun. Just now getting broke in after about a 1000 rounds. For the money I`d consider it a steal. Its all about fit. Its not for me but my son loves it.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
you really need to find one to feel/shoulder---if you have a gander anywhere close--thats a good place to start.

i know of one that has around 2550 rounds thru it, that's the most i know of which is nothing for a trapgun. you might scroll back thru several pages and check on the other se's--probably more thru sportings than traps.........here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chevy-guy, I have the adjustable stock model trap. It is a fine shotgun-well made . It shoots a patern high, so you have to float the clay. So I have the adjustable comb not raised a bit but off to the right about 1/8 inch, just to line up better. This is my second shotgun. I got a used Model 37 when I was 13 and it has worked well for 50 years. When you have something for so long, and it works so well , makes you wonder , Stan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I had ordered one transfered to the gander near me from another one, but it hasn't come yet. Maybe the guy screwed up ordering it, but I'm going to get on him tomorrrow or th nextday to see where the heck it is! I really like the looks and feel of the gun. I shouldered one at another store, and it felt great. They seem to be real well made and balance real nice, even with the long 32" barrels I like. Let's hope mine comes in soon!

SE OWNERS: What do you guys like/dislike about your gun? I've learned all the specs, but how do you all feel about them?
Chevy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts