Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Xpert uses cheaper components. Cut one open and you will see. If it is supposed to be #4 shot, you will find everything from #2 to #6, about half will be #4. Some pellets will be football shaped. Some hollow. Some formed together like a peanut shell.

For the same price, take a look at Kent Fasteel. I used to only use Drylok and switched to Kent a few years ago. Very fast and very good components.

·
Registered
951 Posts
You can say what you want, but for me and my gun the xperts work very well. As a matter of a fact I have tried quite a few different brands and for me I will put the experts up against any of them.

·
Registered
13,098 Posts
The Drylok wad is more water resistent than waterproof. The Super X Dryloks were offered at the higher 1,550fps velocity at one time. Now they only have the slower velocities and larger payloads. In other words, the oppsite of where most are going with steel loads. The Xperts don't have the Drylok wad. The Supreme has the Drylok wad, have load weights that are larger than the Xperts with speeds that are lower than the Xperts but faster than the Dryloks. The Supreme also have plated shot to help reduce rusting of the shot.

The Xperts have worked well for me in the last few years. The pellets could be square for all I care as my patterns are fine and more importantly my field results are very good with a low rate of cripples.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was thinking more of the completly enclosed 'hollow'.

For 20ga, the only others that make fast loads are Kent and Fiocchi. Idk how much the Kent's are, but i've heard reports of guys who average one miss-fire per box. Thats too many IMO. As for Fiocchi, I didnt even know they made it until this fall. If I find more, i'll buy it, but until then i'll stick with the winchesters. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Kinda makes me glad I don't need to sort through all the nontox alternatives out there to find out which one works best.... :D

I'm still on clay pigeons only. Maybe some day I'll graduate to the bigs and play in the duck marshes....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts