Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there ever checked these guns out? They are made by FN and have a Beretta style lock. They are a little heavy/bulky but they appear to be well made and a real bargin for under $1000. I'm thinkin' real serious about pickin' one up but wanna run it by you guys to see what ya think.
Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
There are several topics on it in this forum. Do a search and you'll find a lot of info on this fine gun. I have one and love it.

This year's version of the gun adds "Select" to the name. If you can find one of these for "under $1000" snap it up; I paid $1100 for mine and felt I got a very good gun for the money.

-- Sam

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a Supreme Field but its the older pre-Select model. I bought it new for $900.

The gun is a good shooter. I have only put around 300 shells through it since I bought it this past spring. The first time I shot it I ran around 200 shells through it one day at sporting clays. That gun is built tough. I would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your comments, the Winchester seems to be a very nice gun. Alas, Some heartless, no-account gun dealer placed a Beretta Onyx in my hands...it jumped into my shoulder, nuzzled against my cheek and left the store with me....

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was finally able 'possibly' to get my hands on a new Win Sup Select Field O/U. I got a call from a dealer who said he could get the 'new' model for a slightly higher price than the older one, but still would sell it to me for much less than anyone else in my area... or on the 'net. I'm just waiting for the call that it is ready for pickup. I'm still a little bit skeptical on whether or not he 'can' get it in, but he promised to have it for me before the end of the week. I'm going to run thru it with a fine 'eye' comb to verify it is the 'new' model, but am more eager to get it cleaned and on the range to prepare for Pheasant hunting! I can hardly wait!!!

This gun is nearly 'so far' impossible to get in here where I live since all of the dealers in my area only want to unload what they have 'in stock' instead of ordering anything new... After talking w/ all of the dealers here I found out that none of them are on 'commission' which explains why they really don't care about getting into any 'special order' jobs. All they really want to do is talk to their buddies who come in and collect their paychecks at the end of the day...

"Is that the phone?" Nope. Not yet. Just wishful thinking...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts