Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of years ago, Winchester started to market a European-made O/U under the name Suprime. This year, they came out with the Supreme Select. I seem to remember hearing/reading that they are completely different guns, maybe even made by a different manufacturer (don't know if they are Belgian, Italian, or what).

Does anybody know for sure what the differences are between the two guns? I'm starting to see some Supremes in the used market, and I'm wondering if they are any good. Usually, when a gun maker produces a gun for only a couple of years before they make a major change to it, that means there were problems with that gun, or people didn't like them much.

Just wondering...Thanks!

G

·
Ty. The gun is built by F.N. in Belgium. F.N. owns Browning and Winchester. F.N. builds the top of the line guns for both Co. The Supreme is a fine gun and I own one. I am a now retired gunsmith and was a machinest for 45 years. If you were to remove the stock and look at the workings it is typical F.N., looks like a watch inside. The only difference in the early ones and the new ones is the weight of the barrels. Some felt the barrels on the first ones were a little nose heavy. Also they upgraded the wood on the newer ones. Its a fine shot gun and you can't go wrong buying one. Good luck and keep us informed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts