Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being as both are now under one holding company and both use an abbneration of the original SX-1 action , has anyone done enough "handling" of both to describe if they feel very similar to each other --- or very different ?

The "feel" of an 1100 is very different from an SX-1 ; the "feel" of an 11-87 is almost the same as an 1100 . The feel of a 3-series Beretta is different from all of the above . To me anyway .

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks , Guys , I am a long time SX-1 lover --- bought my first after reading Bob Brister's (God rest his soul) tome in the early '80s .

But , the lure of a 6 3/4 # auto-jammer that will stand up under high(er) volume shooting REALLY appeals to one about to start his 80th decade on planet Earth . I can "stomach" STS heavy loads 'cause my SX-1 doesn't punish me the way a Citori
with lighter loads does ---- and I re-checked my re-check of a couple of weeks back .

But , boy ! a tight -wad like me really hates the thought of buying a nice looking well received gun that is un-shouldered gives me the "runs" --- and not the type you like to see on a score card . And, in this backwards market , I have seen only one SX-2 and that was in passing about 2 years ago .

The tech guy(s) at Winchester/Browning -- well , they say that any difference between the SX-2 Sporting and the SX-2 Elite Lite field shouldn't affect the way the Elite responds to high volume shooting . Well , the Gold Hunter I used to own would have a hard time standing up to the punishment that a pip-squeak SCs shooter like me has imposed upon my SX --- and under some pressure the techie said --- yeah , the Gold Sporting Clays was introduced to make high volume shooters feel more comfortable .

WILL SOMEONE please tell me where "high volume shooting" begins ?

The old adage is still true , "Experience is quite expensive".

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fish Springs,

You sound like a guy who was at the right place at the right time and acted with conviction ---

I've been at the right place at the right time -- but was like that Navy Testing Ground ---- "NOBALLS ATOLL" .

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Geee Steve , You continue to raise the bar in demonstrating concern for a fellow shooter . However , I'll have to pass on your generous offer .

My problem is not a gun --- my problem , right now , is spending the better part of a grand on a gun I have not "seen" --- part of the Navy Testing Grounds symptoms . Can't blame that on TTT --- been chicken way too long for that and too old to worry about treating disease --- I'll just put some sauve on one symptom .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.