Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a new 12 gauge synthetic autoloader for general fied use. Does anyone have an opinion on the Winchester SX2 versus the Beretta 391? All responses welcome. Thank you.

· Registered
27 Posts
Save your self some money and by the Winchester! I have 2 of them and they are good guns. But it is like (ALL) guns it is how you take care of them. When you get done hunting clean them and put them away. And the will last a life time. :)

· Registered
27 Posts
Save your self some money and by the Winchester! I have 2 of them and they are good guns. But it is like (ALL) guns it is how you take care of them. When you get done hunting clean them and put them away. And they will last a life time. :)

· Registered
2,699 Posts
Buy the Beretta they are far superior guns.How many of the top sporting clays shooters in the world shoot Winchester's?
you'll be happy you bought the Beretta.

· Registered
328 Posts
The 391 Urika Synthetic has a unique design in that it features "checkering" in the form of rubber inserts that are both beautiful, functional, and gosh darn it, just plain fun to touch. The overall look of the gun is arguably the most striking in appearance of all the synthetically-stocked autoloaders. Plus, the "Urika" (translation: shoots everything) also features a receiver with notches in place for scope mounting, if you would ever wish to use the gun for big game.

The SX2 is undoubtedly an excellent firearm. My purpose is to point out the special aspects of the Beretta product.

Mike

· Registered
12 Posts
I was just in the same quandry as you 2 weeks ago. I had pretty much decided on the sx2. I hadnt even looked at the beretta due to their price. on a whim i picked one up with a 26" barrel and came home with it. Reading about the SX2 i heard that some of them shot light loads and some didnt. This is not something i wanted to find out after i bought it. The beretta will shoot everything, literally( well it wont cycle those little aguila minishells, but that is a whole different story). I shot slugs and a variety of shells through my 391. The gun was 750 at galyan. They could order me a SX2 there for 650 before the rebate. I am sold on the beretta. As i get older I am learning that when i buy the cheaper to save money, i usually end up spending more in the long run. The beretta will do every thing you can ask of it. The beretta was everything i needed and wanted. Go to any of the gun clubs that rent semis and chances are they will be berettas at least around NOVA. Good luck, both of them seem like good guns but i bet the beretta will jump out at you

G

·
My 391 routinely fails to feed th 2nd round regardless of ammo brands.

I have cleaned everything, lubed as required or suggested, and it still fails.

To my very experienced sporting clays aquaintenances at our gun club, many 391's have this problem. It is pretty and handles well, though.

· Registered
20,645 Posts
HRI,

If you will describe EXACTLY what the gun does or doesn't do, perhaps someone on this board could help. At what part of the process does it hang up?

· Registered
49 Posts
I got rid of my X2 to buy the Beretta. I am much happier now. I shoot only 7/8 ounce loads, and the Winchester could not handle them. So I stepped it up to a 1 ounce and it was still hit or miss with the cycling. Bought the Beretta and have never had any problems of any sort with it.

With the provided stock shims it is easy to get a close fit, that was worth the extra money for me.

Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.