Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SX2 model will be replaced in 2006 with and updated model called the SX3.
The main difference will be cosmetics and some material changes. The magazine tube and recoil tube in the stock will both be alloy. The trigger gaurd may be plastic. The total weight for a 3 1/2" model with a 28" barrel is listed at 7lbs.. The bolt will also have some design changes. The new bolt does not include provisions to accommodate Brownings speed load or magazine cut off features.

·
Banned
2,771 Posts
Worc said:
The total weight for a 3 1/2" model with a 28" barrel is listed at 7lbs.
And this is a good idea?

3 1/2" guns are by definition not guns that one carries over miles and miles. They get carried a few hundred yards to the blind, or into the turkey woods, where the shooter promptly sits down.

Gas operation or not, 3 1/2" guns need heft to make recoil tolerable, at least in terms of muzzle jump.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And this is a good idea?
I don't belive I did. If I had my my choice over a heavy gun vs a lighter one. I'll take the lighter one. It's cheap and easy to add weight as opposed to reducing it. Gun fit has far more to do with felt recoil than a 1/2 or 3/4 of a pound.

The Benelli SBE's don't weigh much more and I don't think their sales suffer much due to their light weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts