Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Diamond grade Winchesters, (which appear from the serial numbers to be of similar age) a sporter and a trap gun, the trap has an inertia system to set the trigger for the second shot but the sporter has a mechanical trigger.

I thought that all 101's had the inertia system, would the sporter have been altered to a mechanical one at some time or were some made like this ?

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am not sure about your sporting but yes some 101's did come from the factory with the mechanical trigger. I know the 101 skeet sets came with mechanical trigger due to the fact you were shooting 28ga and .410 on a 12ga frame. So yours may have come that way, or was latter refitted with the mechanical trigger for ultra light target loads or he was using gauge reducers and needed the mechanical type. If you really need to know then call up Winchester they will be able to tell you at least if it was a factory option for your gun.

G

·
I have had 1 winchester 101, 2 of the 101's sold by Sears, and a classic doubles 101 made on the same design and all had a mechanical trigger. I am suprised that a 101 has an inertia trigger at all. I have look at maybe a dozen more 101's that had mechanical triggers or at least I was told they did when I asked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.