Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I read about them a few months ago and they sounded like a good shell. I believe they are buffered? For that price I'd order online and get some BOSS or Kent instead. The only other option I can think of is Hevi Bismuth, but I'm not sure about the Hevi brand.

·
Registered
13,228 Posts
First I seen those.

I have used the hevi-brand one ounce bismuth in 28ga, I like it . but now they only make 7/8oz. Still got about four boxes left. The pellets are rounder and smoother than Kent's bismuth, and the payload was only a hair light.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I haven't had the need for Bismuth for years since I quit hunting wild pheasant in places where it was required. I've got plenty of #5 Bismuth reloads and Bismuth shot leftover if I start up again, which is likely this fall. My reloads were all about 1225 fps. I wouldn't feel the need for 1450. But like I said, my quarry was pheasant, not waterfowl. I used steel for waterfowl. I also have some commercial Bismuth #4, 1 3/8 oz., at 1330 I bought cheap, which I'll use.

If I were to use Bismuth for waterfowl, unless there's new ballistic data available confirming the benefit, I'd never go up to 1450. My Bismuth bagged shot and commercial loads are all first generation manufacture. I am cognizant of fracturing, hence another reason for less than hyper speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts