Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering which you would pick, a wingmaster or a bps. I would pick a wingmaster because I think it looks so much nicer, the metal on the wingmaster is blued better than the bps. I also like the wood work better on a wingmaster. Which do you think is better, a BPS or a Wingmaster?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The Wingmaster, hands down. I had a BPS and was dissapointed. It was too heavy and mine was very picky in regards to ammo. My grandpa, step-dad, and uncle all use a Wingmaster and I wanted something different. I turns out they didn't shoot Wingmasters to be alike but because they are one of the best shotguns ever, and possibly the best pump in current production. I traded my BPS for a loss and got an Express, but come next paycheck it will probably be joined by a Ithaca M37, or a used Winchester model 12 if I can find a good one at a decent price. The Wingmaster, M37, and Model 12 are the three best shotguns ever made hands down.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey, Pumper...how do you like your Express...still waffling on whether I will get a new gun and an express is nice (after you "tune" it) and the Wingmaster is Beautiful...maybe I will just treat myself to a new Wingmaster...around here they are either beat up or as much or more than new.
Bill

·
Registered
173 Posts
Austin, If you havn't seen any of my recent posts in this forum yet, I'm a Remington fan through and through! The BPS is nice but I feel the Wingmaster is a design true and tested over many years. You'll be happy you went with a Wingmaster. I have NEVER had a problem with mine, and if you read some more in this forum, I don't think there are too many Wingmaster owners that have any complaints! just my 2cents! Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
silversport my Express works just fine. It is not beautiful as compared to a Wingmaster, but I feel that real wood is a must, and the Express finish and plain wood is just the ticket without having that damn synthetic. Nearing 1500 shells of all types and not a hitch. The more I shoot it the more it feels like a Wingmaster as the parts "get used" to each other. I have no qualms about leaning it against a stump or laying it on a pipcnic table, something I might be hesitant to do were it prettier. I also bought what Remington calls the Express Upgrade kit for $50 which includes a full and i.c. choke (the gun only somes with a mod) a better wrench, some oil, and a tube case.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks, Pumper!
Bill

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Benelli Nova....go futuristic worry about nice wood on the Semi or SxS. Pumps are for dropping in the mud, shaking out and shooting.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Do you burp the lid on your Nova when you close it?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Go ahead and use it, just make the check out to me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anonymous said:
Mind if I use that joke in the Glock forum?
They call it "Tactical Tupperware" for a reason!
Bill

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I would say the Wingmaster, hands down. I've had one for two years now and it hasn't failed me once. Just a great shotgun. -Matt Latham

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
There seems to be a lot of comparing the BPS to other pump guns lately around this board. I was wondering how many of the opinions here have actually used both?

I hunted for years with my dad's 870 Wingmaster with a Poly-choke on it. A great gun and the Poly choke all-bi-it ugly made the gun very versatile. Given the number of round through that old gun the action was slicker than a greased pig in a lightin' storm. I presently own a BPS 3.5 inch 12 gauge stalker. It's been an equally good gun. I have taken two deer and two Turkey with it and shot last seasons trap league with it when I had problems with my 97 trap gun.

They are simply different guns and although they are both pump gun its almost like comparing apples to oranges due to their differences. Some of the features you may like some you don't. I don't think either gun because of those differences is much better or worst then the other. They are both quality weapons. It comes down to which gun you like better, weather because of fit, function, features, or cosmetics. If you like either of those guns you can learn to shoot it well. If you don't it won't be the gun's fault they are both good guns.

mcb

·
Registered
341 Posts
I own both an 870 and a BPS and they are both good guns but a little different. I like the higher rib on the BPS but prefer the safety location and the side eject on the 870. The action seems to be a bit smoother on my BPS though. Also I feel the fit and finish is a bit better on the BPS as well. I don't think I shoot either gun better than the other though. :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Grouse Getter said:
I own both an 870 and a BPS and they are both good guns but a little different. I like the higher rib on the BPS but prefer the safety location and the side eject on the 870. The action seems to be a bit smoother on my BPS though. Also I feel the fit and finish is a bit better on the BPS as well. I don't think I shoot either gun better than the other though. :D
See, with me it's just the opposite. I like the safety position on my BPS better. It's where a safety should be just like my O/U guns. And the bottom eject is just the ticket for us lefties. Just like my good old model 37. :roll:

WDO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts