Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local clubs' winter skeet league will be starting the first of January. It's a small club and we usually have 30 to 40 participants in the league. Since the majority of the participants use 12 *****, there has been some discussion about allowing a handicap for those who want to shoot the sub gauges.

My question is, should we allow a handicap, and if so, how much of one? For example, there was discussion of allowing a per round handicap of 1 target for 20 ga, 2 for 28 ga, and 3 for .410.

Do you feel this would level the playing field, or give a unfair advantage over the 12 ga shooters? (Especially giving a handicap to 20 ga shooters.)

Thanks.

John

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
How many are going to CONSISTENTLY shoot the real guns? In our winter league we let the land cannon- 12 ga- boys- shoot by themselves.With 30-40 shooters y'all should be able to form a very specific squad with regard to gauge.I make do with half this many in the winter and most are happy-our club has 2 12 ga shooters the rest are real skeet shooters-We still let 'em shoot tho :roll: :roll: As far as handicap go by the average of the year-even if there is no record-y'all know where ya stand with each other :wink: :!:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
In our leagues you can shoot whatever you want. We handicap by averages - 75% of the difference. However, if you set your average with the 410 you can't come back and shoot the 12 later. Whatever you start with you can only go smaller not bigger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.