Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubby and I went to the gun club this morning for some practice rounds. We shot 4 rounds. His gun is a Mossberg 835 and he hates it because it recoils right into his cheek and bruises him pretty badly, but he shoots pretty decently with it. I had my 20 ga. Urika AL391 (youth model). First round, I beat him 19 to 18. Second round, he beat me 20 to 13. Third round, I beat him 19 to 14. By then, his cheek was hurting bad enough, that he was flinching with every shot. All of these were from the 16 yd line. On the fourth round, we switched guns and shot from 20 yards. I beat him 22 to 14, shooting his gun. :lol: That's also my personal best score. Overall, I had beat him 73 to 70.

From there, we went to our favorite gun shop and I put a new Beretta 3901 Target on layaway. :D:D:D

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Wendy:
I hunt, shoot sporting clays and teach shooting with a woman who I taught to shoot im my back yard back 15 years ago. She took up the game before I did and started beating me in the field. I took up the game too she gave me a lesson with a professional instructor and I got hooked on SC too. We are pretty even and I win sometimes and she wins sometimes. Iam all smiles when she bests me as I got her interested in getting better. Today she is the lead shotgun instructor for the Kansas 4H program. She is a better instructor than I am with novice shooters and works very well with those who are nervious about shooting.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My husband likes to give me a hard time when I win (which is rarely), but he's truly as excited for me as I am. He's my best cheerleader. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
All of these were from the 16 yd line. On the fourth round, we switched guns and shot from 20 yards. I beat him 22 to 14, shooting his gun. That's also my personal best score. Overall, I had beat him 73 to 70.

From there, we went to our favorite gun shop and I put a new Beretta 3901 Target on layaway.
Congratulations! I'm sure he was a good sport about it, too! Let us know how your new Beretta works out.

FCR1895 - Jeanne

·
Registered
502 Posts
My wife has out shot me on a number of occaisions and I think that is way cool because as long as she is having fun shooting I have a shooting partner.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rich53139 said:
My wife has out shot me on a number of occaisions and I think that is way cool because as long as she is having fun shooting I have a shooting partner.
Exactly! :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bel_dad said:
Sounds like he needs a new gun too! His present gun doesn't fit him or it wouldn't be brusing his cheek... He needs a stock fitter, or more likely, a new gun!

bd
He actually got a new gun the next week- and so did I. He got a 391 and I got a 3901. :lol: Last weekend, we shot 4 rounds of trap and he beat me on every single one of them. :oops: :p :lol:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Lori, it was very genorous of you to stroke his ego for an early Christmas present. I am sure the next time both of you go out you will not go so easy on him.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope not. :lol: He's actually going to start shooting trap leagues with me, so we'll be on the same squad. It should be a lot of fun. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.