Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: Why are there more men posting on the womens forum than there are women? (I have an inquiring mind and would like to know). No biggie, just curious.

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Um, cause there are girls there? :roll:
Trap, skeet, and even the rifle and pistol competitions have been very much a male dominated world. Sporting Clays and Cowboy shooting (maybe cause of the dress up?:D) have had greater ladies participation. Women make up a small percentage, although growing of the shooting sports. Any positive encouragement is great. Read some of the stories of how the ladies have struggled against the negative comments and various outsider type hardships just to go shoot and finally be accepted, it's a struggle for many of them. I've got an article about one of the AL womens shooters that I have been meaning to put in there and will try to this week.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:wink: Good answer Rick, that would be my motivation too. I have been associated with shemale shooters all my life. My Mom used to pack a .22 when we went berry picking when I was just a snot nosed kid. When I took my boys to hunter safety class, one of the Instructors at the range was a nice looking young woman and she didn't miss. She had an 1100 left hand model that I begged her to lay down and walk away from so I could steal it. She fired the demo for the kids befor they shot and she never missed a one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts